Friday, May 18, 2007

Cream Ale

My cream ale has been fermenting for 6 days now. The bulk of the fermentation appears to be finished, so I pulled a sample yesterday and again today. I got a reading of 1.012 yesterday and one of 1.011 today. So it appears that it's not quite done yet today.

This brew is considerably lighter than the ones I usually go for. It has a nice malty character, with just a hint of honey in it. The sample I tried yesterday also had a citrusy finish to it, but that seems to be gone today. Hopefully a little of that comes through in the final beer. Either way this should be a great summer thirst quencher.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one will finish a little dryer, below 1.010 would be great. While I could probably rack it now, I'm going to let it sit a while. I might give the carboy a good shake and see if I can rouse the yeast from their nap.

I'm hoping it clears up a bit too, if it doesn't I'll throw some gelatin in the secondary and give it a couple of weeks. I want this one to be crystal clear if possible.

No comments: